Our Client, a prestigious international law firm, is seeking a Senior Attorney/ Counsel to join it’s EC&B team. Seeking for a Senior Associate or Counsel with experience practicing Executive Compensation & Benefits in a major law firm, with a significant portion of that experience being in a transactional context, some experience in private equity transactions preferred.
This group advises public and private companies, management, boards of directors and executives on a full range of matters relating to employee compensation plans and arrangements, including issues arising in the areas of the transactional, tax, securities, bankruptcy and corporate governance.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following as this is what the group responsibilities include:
Planning, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of executive compensation arrangements, such as employment and severance agreements and all types of employee benefit plans;
• Advising on stock and cash-based plans and arrangements (including private equity arrangements), including with respect to the tax efficient structuring of equitycompensation arrangements and related shareholder agreements;
• Advising on deferred compensation arrangements and issues under Section 409A, as well as the “golden parachute” rules under Section 280G and the deduction limitation rules under Section 162(m);
• Playing a critical role in transactional practice, including advising on executive compensation and benefits issues arising in the context of mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, initial public offerings, restructurings and other corporate events, including private equity and leveraged buyout transactions;
• Advising clients on the fiduciary responsibility provisions of ERISA with respect to investment of pension plan assets and prohibited transaction rules, as well as related litigation matters;
• Counseling senior executives of both public and privately held companies in connection with the negotiation and implementation of employment, severance and change in control agreements;
• Advising clients on international employment issues for example, treatment of employees in international transactions and global equity arrangements; and
• Counseling clients on funding issues with respect to defined benefit pension plans and on the provisions of ERISA in connection with the termination of or withdrawal from single employer and multiemployer pension plans.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a trailblazing group in this area.