At Welltower Inc. (NYSE:WELL) we are driving innovation in health care infrastructure and delivery. We envision a new model of care that revolves around wellness – living well, aging well and keeping people out of the hospital. We partner with leading seniors housing and post-acute-care providers and with health systems to fund innovative solutions designed to keep patients out of higher cost, higher acuity settings while delivering better treatment at a lower cost. Our impact will be profound as we advance our work, our mission, and continue to assemble a diverse, talented, performance-focused team of employees.
The Senior Associate will be accountable for partnering with the SVP of Strategy to drive the convergence of programs and partnerships in aging and its ability to accelerate value-based care. This position will be responsible for cultivating partnerships with health systems and industry partners who are focused on but not limited to ambulatory care, residential care programs for seniors and wellness for aging adults.
- Managing, cultivating and growing existing and future strategic health systems' relationships focused on: 1) acquiring ambulatory and outpatient medical facilities and 2) rethinking the use of current medical campuses that optimizes its real estate potential.
- Managing designated strategic partnerships to ensure the successful implementation of key initiatives and ventures.
- Strengthening existing relationships by ensuring we are consistently presenting new value add ideas and best practices that allow our partners to stay progressive and competitive in the market.
- Creating and presenting effective communication summaries that accurately reflect our strategy, position and value to our stakeholders.
- Establishing market presence, building brand awareness, and developing relationships with key health systems, advisors and non-traditional strategic partners by traveling to target markets. Attending and participating in national and regional conferences to develop and maintain industry presence.
- Partnering with internal business partners to determine key performance indicators (KPIs) for project implementation. Managing the evaluation, implementation and analytical assessment of core strategic initiatives implemented with health systems and outpatient medical sectors.
- Monitoring and analyzing key metrics and reporting to the leadership team those outcomes compared to forecast/budget.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
Traveling up to 50% is required.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or a related field is required. MBA or post graduate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five years professional work experience is required. Experience with health system focused on health real estate/leasing, clinical program development, financing, clinical integration and growth and/or strategic program implementation is preferred.
- Other preferred experience can include:
- Health systems or integrated physicians
- Investment banking/consulting with a principle focus on health care focused campus development/clinical expansion
- Another complex, relevant business including but not limited to a for profit health services, payor or other provider entity.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in relationship management, business development and to structure transactions, track and report outcomes, program impact and analytical metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to a wide variety of business partners and to create and use systems and processes to improve the performance of business units.
- A thorough understanding of the healthcare industry, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, regulatory requirements, risk management.
- Strong orientation toward client service, quality improvement, team building and profitability.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in marketing, business and development.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Proven financial modeling skills.
The work environment is characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.