Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.About the Team
Would you enjoy developing a UI Platform from the ground up that reaches tens of millions of users? How about doing that with a wonderful group of teammates?
Our team is powering the next generation of consumer grade experience at Workday with a new UI architecture. We craft our applications to run at cloud-scale and support our work in production. We collaborate regularly and continually look for ways to work better together. We develop with modern languages, frameworks, and tools. We believe in clean code, automated testing, and documentation that reads like a book. We take walks, eat lunches together, and play games to give our brains a break.About the Role
You'll be a part of a tight-knit team
that is building the server component of Workday's next-generation UI Platform. That means, on the day to day, authoring pipeline plugins in Kotlin
, working with various DSL
s, iterating on the next-generation Data Language
via Protocol Buffers
, shipping automated tests
for your code, having a laugh
at the "Big Ball o' Yarn" meeting, performing code review, learning
a lot from those around you, and teaching others what you know.
You'll not only work closely with your team to do that, but you'll also work with your sister teams as well as engineering teams across Workday to advocate for the success of the finished product.
This role is office-based, and we support work life balance and flexible working arrangements.About You
You are a tenacious problem solver with enthusiasm for team success. You "think outside of the box" and have talent for creating usable, scalable, well-tested software. You want to work in a highly collaborative, agile environment. You love learning new technologies, languages, tools, and you have a passion for building frameworks. Finally, you take a break every now and then to have a little fun too.Basic Qualifications
- 2+ years of professional back-end software development experience.
- Programming experience with a major functional or object-oriented language (Java, C#, Kotlin, Scala, etc.).
- Experience with or ability to learn JVM-based application development at large scale.
Colorado Equal Pay Statement:
- A hunger to learn new technologies and skills in pursuit of software engineering craftsmanship. Experience with modern test frameworks
- Experience with Protocol Buffers or reactive programming is a plus.
- An unbridled curiosity and interest in problem solving and iterative development.
- Experience delivering back-end services in microservice or event-driven architectures.
- Some experience with front-end development for cross-platform web applications is desirable.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. Minimum salary for the role is listed below. As a part of the compensation package, this role may include eligible bonuses, equity and commissions. For more information regarding Workday benefits, please click here.
Colorado minimum salary: $93,400.00
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.