Senior Associate, Senior Database Analyst, Clinical Database Management
As part of the Data Monitoring and Management (DMM) group, an integral delivery unit within the Global Biometrics and Data Management (GBDM) organization, the Senior Database Analyst is responsible for the programming of high-quality clinical database and for the provision of expertise in clinical database technology. Responsible for supporting assigned segments of the Pfizer portfolio. Accountabilities to include the design, development, and maintenance of clinical databases, ensuring the integrity of clinical data, application of standards supporting consistency in asset/submission data. The Clinical Senior Database Analyst mentors junior staff in database technologies and Pfizer standard database conventions. Serves as a subject matter expert on the design of ECRFs and clinical databases across one or more therapeutic areas.
- Works closely with department roles and cross-functional study team members to create data capture solutions that support the quality and timely delivery of data required per standard and study specific data review plans
- Complies with applicable SOPs and work practices
- Serves as subject matter expert in one or more technologies
- Leads and contributes to cross-functional technical initiatives in collaboration with Pfizer Business Technology and other teams
- Supports knowledge development of data capture tools and methods that support the accuracy and integrity of study data
- Bachelor's degree in a Life Science, Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech, CRO, or Regulatory Agency with an emphasis on building data collection and assimilation solutions
- Technical skills and experience using relational databases (e.g. Oracle InForm, Oracle DMW, MS SQL Server or MS Access)
- Experience in Oracle, PL/SQL, SAS, Java, relational database design and database programming skills
- Strong communication (written and oral), decision-making, influencing, negotiation, and project management skills
- Ability to travel approximately 5%.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Understanding of drug development process and data operations required for the reporting of clinical trial data (e.g. data review, study reports, regulatory submissions, safety updates, etc.)
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and relevant data standards; CDISC knowledge and experience are preferable