The candidate will join a drug discovery team to develop cutting-edge biologics and small molecules for the treatment of prostate cancer. S/he will work in an exciting/stimulating environment across the different stages of preclinical drug discovery, from target ID to preclinical candidate. The candidate will be strongly motivated and dedicated, will show initiative and work independently.
Responsibilities include design and execution of experiments and critical analysis of data. Troubleshooting skills are essential. S/he will demonstrate urgency, be organized, have the ability to work well in a team setting, and effectively collaborate with colleagues within and beyond the oncology department.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ability to design, perform and interpret complex in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo experiments
- Analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format
- Work independently and manage multiple experiments simultaneously
- Contribute to various projects outside of his/her own, and collaborate with stakeholders from all relevant functions
- Keep up-to-date with the literature related to his/her field.
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication skills
BS/BA with at least 6 years of relevant experience OR MS with at least 4 years of relevant experience is required
Strong cell biology and assay development skills are required
Previous experience screening and characterizing biologic and/or small molecule leads is required
Familiarity with graphing software such as Graph Pad, Sigma Plot and able to analyze data, apply curve fits and determine IC50’s or EC50’s of leads is required
A good background in cancer biology is preferred
Prior biotech/pharma experience is preferred
Molecular and cell biology assay skills are required (ie: cell proliferation, RT-PCR, Western blotting, cellular cytotoxicity, cell reporter assays, cell culture, transfection and cloning of stable cell lines, immunofluorescence, FACS, ELISA and other functional assays)
Prior experience with gene depletion using RNA interference and CRISPR technologies are preferred
Experience working with immune assays are preferred (ie: ADCC, cytokine release, T cell biology, immune cell purification and characterization)
Requisition ID: 0382180121