Our Forensic and Valuation Services practice pride themselves in understanding their clients’ business strategy and needs; assisting companies in meeting business requirements related to valuation, risk management, transfer pricing, economic analysis, and model validation. Our professionals help clients make forward thinking decisions about strategy, operations and compliance and create long-lasting value. We are currently seeking a Senior Associate to join Our Forensic and Valuation Services Group in our Princeton, NJ, Philadelphia, PA or New York City, NY office.
Senior Associates work on a variety of assignments, including taking substantial responsibility in performing complex valuations for financialreporting (stock options, warrants, convertible debt, other complex securities/derivatives, etc.), tax compliance, transaction advisory, and other purposes. Additionally, Senior Associates assist in projects related to economic and statistical analysis, model validation, database management, and other complex quantitative assignments.
- Prepare valuation analyses for tax, financialreporting, and advisory purposes (stock options, warrants, convertible debt, equity allocations across complex capital structures, and other complex securities/derivatives) primarily in Excel or STATA;
- Assist in the development and application of models using Monte Carlo simulation, lattices or other complex methods as requested;
- Assist in projects requiring economic or statistical analysis, database management of large databases or model validation;
- Assist in preparing reports, letters, and other client deliverables;
- Assist in reviews of third party appraisals for auditsupport purposes;
- Review various agreements, documents, research papers and market research with the intent of capturing salient points to be used for modeling purposes and clearly communicate the key drivers to others;
- Facilitate certain work streams with the help of Associate-level team members;
- Train and mentor junior staff; and
- Review and gain a sufficient understanding of the necessary guidance governing the analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or similar quantitative discipline (Master’s degreepreferred);
- 2+ years relevant experience in a quantitative role;
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Office (Word, Excel including VBA, and PowerPoint) STATA, SAS or other statistical package;
- Ability to program in VBA and/or other statistical package a plus;
- Strong interest in quantitative and economic analysis;
- Capacity to work independently on projects;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Progress towards a Masters, MBA, ASA or CFA or equivalent certifications a plus.