Join Amgen's Enterprise Benchtop team within the Research & Medical Informatics (R & MI) organization. The role will work with the leader of the team and will focus on crafting, building, and running leading-edge lab informatics solutions. You will be using modern technology stacks components to support Amgen's scientific laboratory operations.
The team consists of 11 team members supporting lab IT at Amgen across multiple sites. Our mission is to ensure lab IT assets and lab data is secure, robust, scalable, and cost-efficient. We are accountable for lab cyber resiliency, lab instrument computers, lab IT asset inventory, lab data protection, and enterprise solutions to support overall lab operations.
Design, develop, and run IT solutions to support lab operations, lab data management, and lab asset management in support of global Research and Process Development labs at Amgen
Opportunities will include:
- Requirements analysis and refinement for critical problems impacting enterprise lab operations, lab data management, and lab asset management
- Software architecture, design, and evaluation of tools and technologies for the performant, secure, efficient, and scalable system solutions.
- Agile software development on modern technology stack platforms and processes including Gitlab for source-code control, JIRA for agile development and issue management, AWS for server deployment, and a host of enterprise support tools for continuous integration and continuous development software management (Jenkins, Maven, Kubernetes).
- Access to enterprise scalable platform for high-performance data science problems including an Enterprise Data Lake and reporting platforms for solutions requiring data analytics, machine learning, search, natural processing, visualizations and reporting.
- Identification of new IT solutions based on observed pain-points while working with lab scientists, members lab operations groups, and the team.
Master's degree in computer science or related degree program
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of software engineering experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of software engineering experience
- Experience working within an agile software development lifecycle and developing software in a continuous deployment process using source code control systems, issue management systems, automated test and integration systems.
- Proficiency in one or more object-oriented languages such as Java, C# .NET, or C++ on Windows or Unix environments.
- Web application development experience
- Experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment (Amazon, Azure) and using source code control, build and test automation technologies like GitLab, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, etc.
- Exposure to additional software development technologies and platforms which might include: Databricks, Tableau, Spotfire, EXTJS, D3 JS, Oracle DB, SQLServer, Python, VBScript.
- Willing and able to learn a new software technologies to provide solutions for scientists and business users.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering creative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.