Senior Associate General Counsel
Provides legal advice and recommendations for action to executives, management, and contracts team regarding matters of varying complexity which have or may have a material dollar impact on business activities and operations. Utilizes a knowledge of one or more legal specialties with sound business acumen and knowledge of the business goals and objectives as they relate to the matter at hand. Research legal principles and precedents, consult with outside counsel, draft and execute legal documents, negotiates complex agreements, gather relevant case related information using multiple sources and methods, manages litigation, provide direction to external counsel, other professional, paraprofessional, and support staff in developing solutions to problems presented.
- Works independently and exercises wide latitude while providing guidance in diverse matters affecting day-to-day business operations by assisting, advising, investigating, researching, and resolving legal matters within corporate legal policies to ensure that Company personnel are aware of and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Researches and is aware of related issues and changes in the law, and anticipates the potential impact of changes on the organization. Provides counsel to senior leadership, including executive management, regarding risks and possible risk mitigation plans.
- Leads the legal aspect of contract negotiations. Drafts and negotiates highly complex and unique agreements, reviews legal documents, and provides recommendations. Supervises the work of outside counsel.
- Uses high level of deep and broad experience to oversee the work on assignments that require a deep understanding of the company's business needs, strategy, and operations as they relate to the given area of legal specialty.
- Oversees and leads legal negotiation with customers and third parties. Oversees and leads the preparation, recommendation, and execution of legal documents by analyzing, drafting, negotiating, and reviewing these documents to ensure consistency with respect to the company’s philosophy or principles with respect to risk and commercial and legal soundness.
- Leads investigations and oversees the handling of claims by and against organization, and may include supervising outside counsel on third party claims and litigation. Conducts interviews, prepares reports, responds to interrogatories, and conducts litigation and pretrial work.
- Has decision-making authority on legal, liability, risk, insurance, and legal compliance issues.
- Oversees the review and response to insurance coverage requirements requested contractually by customers and third parties.
- Oversees the planning, directing and legal management of company intellectual property matters, including, without limitations, patent matters (including applications, disputes and infringement analysis), domestic and foreign trademark matters (including registrations and maintenance), and trade secret and nondisclosure issues.
- Prepares reports for and advises executive management as to the company's position on intellectual property issues. Supervises the use of external legal counsel regarding intellectual property matters.
- Shares knowledge in areas of special interest to the company, including, intellectual property, software licensing issues, international and domestic contract law, privacy, data protection, financial services, insurance issues, general corporate matters, servicing, vendor procurement, and other issues affecting outsourcing of financial and payment related services.
Typically Minimum 8Years Relevant Exp
Bachelor's Degree Graduate of accredited law school (including all other necessary prerequisites for gaining licensure to practice law), and maintaining qualifications and licensure throughout employment.