We are looking for a self-motivated candidate who can perform full stack (front end and back end) implementation in a microservices based architecture. The candidate will quickly turn visual design and wireframes into functional pages and contribute to idea generation and development. The candidate will design and implement the microservices that support business functions. You will work very closely with others in the user experience team, especially designers, information architects, and technical leads; coming up with new ideas, ways to implement designs using best practices for microservice definition, usability, and accessibility.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have good interpersonal skills, as well as good client interaction skills.
- Assess existing sites and page content for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding.
- Utilize low-fidelity, medium-fidelity, and high-fidelity prototypes across the different stages of the design.
- Communicate effectively with creative user experience team and technical development team.
- Ensure that pages and functionality meet all Section 508 accessibility requirements and are optimized for both desktop and mobile display.
- Develop java based microservices.
- Assist lead designer, UX development lead, and operations and maintenance (O&M) team with various design and development activities; such as HTML prototyping and styling, creation of banner images, buttons, etc., and content migration and clean-up.
- Translate visual designs into completed HTML prototypes and/or content management system (CMS) pages while strictly adhering to design specifications.
- Assist with content migrations from legacy sites, evaluating and making adjustments for design adherence; clean and rework HTML markup and styling as needed to implement page designs within a CMS.
- Implement front-end structure and standards as defined by the lead designer and UX development lead.
- Work closely with back-end developers to ensure the integrity of the UI throughout the development life-cycle.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility, including both desktop and mobile, and resolve bugs where required.
- Identify tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing approaches for the larger Creative Design community at Sapient.
- Based on functional specifications, optimize development for User Experience.
Requirements & Experience Guidelines:
- 5+ years of industry experience authoring and styling XHTML/HTML5 content.
- Demonstrates ability to do technical design and develop using Java (JDK 8 or above) technologies including JSP and Servlets
- Demonstrates ability to implement API based microservices using java frameworks such as Spring
- Experience working with responsive web designs and mobile web sites is highly desirable.
- Candidates must be versed in user-centered design methods and techniques.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Prior experience in a consulting firm or agency preferred.
- Has done cross-browser development and testing.
- Experience with Wireframes and Proof-of-concept mockups.
- Ability to learn new UI technologies quickly.
- Experience in developing standards-based, CSS-driven, table-less layouts.
- Knowledge of Section 508 standards and compliance.
- Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues as they relate to the front-end.
- Graphics manipulation/optimization skills using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Graphics development, creating visual design comps skills using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. a plus
- Experience with API definition tools such as Swagger is a plus
- Experience with front-end development workflows using Git, Node.js/npm, Gulp, and Bower is a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
- Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from college or University.
Job Number: 236649