The Social and Economic Policy Division helps guide development of the nation’s prominent policies and programs. Our contributions—at all government levels—have resulted in better programs on housing, community revitalization, education, workforce development, income security, food assistance, and in support of children, youth, and disadvantaged families. Our clients include the Departments of Housing and Urban Development, Education, Health and Human Services, Labor, Veterans Affairs, and the Food and Nutrition Service, among others.
Abt Associates seeks a Senior Associate to join the Education Practice in the Social & Economic Policy Division. This individual will contribute to Abt's research, evaluation, and technical assistance services to practitioners and policymakers on a range of education topics.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Direct and manage complex components of large projects or series of smaller projects with responsibility for budget management, project deliverables, client relations, and staff supervision. Set priorities to ensure the completion of projects in an accurate, timely and cost efficient manner. Senior Associates direct and manage complex scientific/technical components of large projects or series of smaller projects with responsibility for the application of advanced methods and techniques in a particular field of specialization.
- Assume significant business development responsibility for identifying new markets and sales opportunities while maintaining current clients; direct sales and proposal efforts in accordance with the Division's business development plan. Senior Associates assume significant leadership role in business development by providing technical expertise. Make significant scientific/technical contributions to sales and proposal efforts in accordance to the business development plan.
- Direct and establish policies and protocols to carry out research and provide technical guidance to less senior staff through application of advanced techniques, concepts, and methods related to a particular field of specialization. Senior Associates direct and serve as the subject-matter expert in the preparation of complex statistical and methodological reports and findings with responsibility as the senior technical writer. Serve as the primary reviewer of the analytical and technical writing of less senior staff.
- Maintain an industry presence as a subject-matter resource by publishing regularly in peer reviewed journals and/or by presenting at annual conferences and meetings. Has name recognition.
- Collaborate with peers to identify new research approaches and potential markets for those services.
- Take lead responsibility for employing a substantial number of staff members at varying level.
- Assume lead role in the development of new business.
- Direct and manage the planning, design and implementation of project protocols and procedures.
- Serve as the primary client contact and translate client needs and/or objectives into specific deliverables in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Ensure that all research projects are conducted with sound methods and techniques.
- Assume lead role in the development of new business through the contribution of scientific/technical expertise.
- Direct and manage the planning, design and implementation of technical project protocols and procedures.
- MA/MBA with 13-15years OR PhD with 8-10years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience