Practical Law is looking for a Senior Associate Editor, Real Estate to conduct research, draft, edit, and publish content for its Real Estate web service. The Senior Associate Editor will:
- Draft, edit, and update real estate resources that include jurisdictionally neutral and state specific resources. The resources include practice notes, checklists, standard documents, standard clauses, legal updates, and other legal content in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Edit real estate resources to conform to Practical Law’s house style and plain English.
- Develop ideas for new real estate content to be published on Practical Law.
- Liaise with external authors regarding original contributions and updates of Practical Law resources.
- Maintain and manage internal progress charts, databases, and folders.
- Provide additional research and editorial support to Senior Legal Editors.
- Provide additional editorial support for the Real Estate Service as required.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to submit a writing sample.
- J.D. required.
- Active license to practice law in one or more jurisdictions.
- Three to five years’ experience working as a real estate attorney in a law firm, or as in-house counsel.
- Knowledge andexperiencein commercial real estate transactions, including at least one of the following areas:
- acquisitions, ownership, development, and sales of various types of commercial real estate;
- financing of commercial real estate, including permanent loans and constructionloans; or
- leasing of commercial real estate, including office buildings, retail, industrial, warehouse, mixed-use, and multi-family.
- Substantive experience negotiating and drafting real estate-related documents.
- Recent experience using WestlawNext for legal research.
- A passion for writing and goodeditingskills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- Strong academic credentials.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm attorneys, in-house counsel, and the legal market in general.
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
*This role can be located in a home office if not within a commutable distance of a Thomson Reuters office.*
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.