Practical Law is looking for a Senior Associate Editor, Real Estate to conduct research, draft, edit, and publish content for its on-line Real Estate Service. The Senior Associate Editor will:
- Work with Senior State Content Editors to draft, edit, and update state-specific real estate resources, with an emphasis on content across multiple jurisdictions. The resources include practice notes, checklists, standard documents, standard clauses, legal updates, other state-specific legal content in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Carry out search trawls of numerous websites and other sources using the software application WebSite-Watcher for current developments and potential topics for legal updates and other state specific resources for the Real Estate Service.
- Edit state-specific real estate resources to conform to Practical Law's house style and plain English.
- Develop ideas for new state real estate content with an emphasis on multi-state resources, which are to be published on Practical Law.
- Liaise with external authors regarding original contributions and updates of Practical Law resources.
- Maintain and manage internal progress charts, databases, and folders.
- Provide additional research and editorial support to other Senior State Content Editors in other states.
- Provide additional editorial support for the Real Estate service as required.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to submit a writing sample.
- J.D. required
- At least five (5) years' experience working as a real estate attorney in a law firm or as in-house counsel, and general expertise in real estate practice.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating real estate-related documents.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm attorneys, in-house counsel, and the legal market in general.
- Strong communication skills. Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- A passion for writing and goodeditingskills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- Recent experience using WestlawNext for legal research.
- Knowledge andexperience in the following areas is stronglypreferred:
- Commercial real estate transactions, including
- acquisitions, ownership, and sales of various types of commercial real estate;
- financing of commercial real estate, including permanent loans and constructionloans; foreclosure and mechanic's liens; and
- leasing of commercial real estate, including office buildings, retail, industrial, warehouse, mixed-use, and multi-family.
- Residential real estate transactions, including the acquisition, sale, leasing, and financing of single family, multi-family, co-ops, and condos.
Req #: JREQ087396