Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associateto join KPMG Lighthouse – Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
- Retrieve, process and prepare a rich data variety of data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, and operational data
- Analyze and model structured data and implement algorithms to support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods from statistics, machine learning, data mining, econometrics, and operations research
- Perform Statistical Natural Language Processing to mine unstructured data, using methods such as document clustering, topic analysis, named entity recognition, document classification, and sentiment analysis
- Utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as R, SAS, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Qlikview, and Tableau
- Participate in client engagements focused on Big Data and advanced business analytics, in diverse domains such as risk management, product development, marketing research, supply chain, public policy; communicate results and educate others through reports and presentations
- A minimum of five years of professional experience working as a Data Scientist
- Master's degree, or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics, or related fields from an accredited college or university
- Strong mathematical background with strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: statistics, data mining, machine learning, statistics, operations research, econometrics, natural language processing, and/or information retrieval
- Deep experience in extracting, cleaning, preparing and modeling data
- Experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms; ability to work in a Linux environment and proficiency in analysis (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab) packages as well as proficiency in programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, Scala)
- Ability to travel up to eighty percent of the time
Requisition #: 32215