Since its founding in 1972, Wilshire Associates has evolved from an investment technology firm into a global advisory company specializing in investment products, consulting services, and technology solutions. Established in 1981, Wilshire Consulting provides customized consulting and investment solutions, including outsourced-CIO (OCIO) services. Through its investment consulting services to public and corporate clients, Wilshire Consulting assists in ensuring secure and safe retirements for approximately 10.5 million Americans including those participating in some of the nation’s largest public and corporate retirement plans. Combined with our endowment, foundation and major insurance company clients, we consult on combined total assets of nearly $1 trillion. Wilshire consultants provide strategic advice on asset allocation, risk management, investment policy development, asset class structuring, investment manager evaluation and monitoring.
Wilshire Consulting seeks a Senior Associate to serve as a member of its sales and marketing team.
The Senior Associate will support and direct various marketing efforts designed to generate new business opportunities for Wilshire Consulting’s non-discretionary and discretionary investment advisory services, including Wilshire’s OCIO practice.
In addition, the Senior Associate will assume responsibility for selling Wilshire Compass. Wilshire Compass offers an institutional investment database coupled with a sophisticated suite of analytic and reporting tools for asset allocation modeling, manager evaluation and total fund analysis. Developed for fund sponsors and other institutional investors, Wilshire Compass addresses all aspects of a logical and disciplined investment approach including: defining and following an investment policy, developing an asset allocation and rebalancing strategy, identifying skilled managers and conducting total fund analysis and monitoring.
- Enhance and maintain marketing collateral materials
- Manage and update website as needed
- Ownership of contact database and CRM tools for effective pipeline administration (SalesForce)
- Field and screen incoming leads/prospects
- Generate new business opportunities by developing and executing marketing campaigns and tactics
- Support the business development team with presentations, proposals and other sales related activities
- Assist in the preparation and response to RFIs and RFPs
- Assume responsibility for selling Wilshire Compass
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- 3-5 years of marketing or sales experience in financial services
- Understanding of the institutional investment marketplace
- Practical knowledge of B2B marketing tactics
- Proven ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Desire to broaden knowledge/experience in financial services
Desired Skills & Experience
- Marketing degree or certification
- Sales/marketing of financial services
- Working knowledge of SalesForce
- Working knowledge of Pardot or similar marketing automation tools
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Working knowledge of website management tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work with peers to grow a business
- Superior organizational skills