New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Advanced Markets Network (AMN) offers sophisticated life insurance products in the Bank Owned Life Insurance (BOLI), Corporate Owned Life Insurance (COLI) and Corporate Sponsored markets, designed to support highly compensated executives and professionals.
As a Business Analyst dedicated to AMN’s Service and Operations, you will have the exciting opportunity to make an impact on our business and assist our customers while working in an entrepreneurial environment that promotes career growth. In addition to Service and Operations, this dynamic role will collaborate with Technology, Accounting, Product, Compliance, Actuarial, Investments and Distribution to develop solutions, improve processes, and help modernize the business. If you are a problem-solver, creative-thinker, and self-start, consider this excellent opportunity with New York Life Insurance Company.
We are seeking an experienced, self-starter who will serve as the lead Business Analyst supporting AMN’s Service and Operations. The Business Analyst will provide support by solving complex problems, performing ad-hoc business analysis, engineering special case and policy reporting, and coordinating cross-functional projects.
- Engineer analysis and solutions involving sophisticated life insurance products, policy administration and investments for resolving business-sensitive issues, satisfying customer requests and improving processes
- Apply strong mathematical and financial acumen to complex business case scenarios for performing tax compliance calculations and reporting
- Coordinate unique business activities assigned to Service and Operations that require cross-functional or cross-departmental integration
- Assist with or resolve daily production issues and requests identified or reported by Service, internal teams and external business partners
- Represent AMN Service and Operations and collaborate with Product, Actuarial, Sales and Technology during product, process and technology development projects as needed
- Maintain and enhance existing operational metrics to identify opportunities for greater efficiency, unlock new trends, and broaden the visibility of operational risk and performance
- Provide day-to-day operational, administrative and system support in connection with the valuation, trading, reporting and changes to mutual funds and hedge funds
- Identify process improvement or automation opportunities and adapt functional business requirements to written technical specifications
- Financial product knowledge, preferably life insurance, is required
- 5+ years of business analysis experience
- Navigating and translating financial data and business systems into analytics
- Developing, implementing and improving processes
- VBA programming is a plus
- Superb critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Excellent collaboration, problem solving and information seeking skills are essential
- Ability to communicate effectively with all level of the organization and to customers
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills
- Ability to “think outside the box” and implement creative solutions
- Effectively works with a sense of organized urgency
- Ability to multi task and prioritize work without supervision
- Proficient in Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
- Passion for learning and improving the business
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Preferred majors: Finance, Mathematics or related discipline
- Advanced degree and/or industry certifications encouraged
- Must either have or be willing to acquire Series 6 within 6 months of hire