$80K — $100K *
The Reinsurance Actuary is responsible for assisting in the optimization of the Group Life and Health reinsurance programs for the Group Protection block of business. This position is within of the Risk and Capital Management area which is responsible for supporting Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) activities within the Group Protection division. He/She will need to operate independently in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple high priority projects. This role has a remote job option that can be performed anywhere in the United States except in Colorado. #LI-AE1
• Analyze and provide direction on Lincoln Financial Group’s Group Protection Group Life and
Health reinsurance arrangements to ensure that reinsurance arrangements offer competitive,
industry leading solutions and are implemented appropriately.
• Support the development of Requests for Proposals (RFP) and/or treaty changes, as needed
• Evaluate, analyze and respond to reinsurer proposals including, but not limited to:
◦ Analyze financial impacts of all options on a GAAP and Statutory basis
◦ Ability to evaluate creative solutions
◦ Present all viable options and recommend best options for Lincoln Financial Group
• Lead and implement changes to reinsurance arrangements.
• Monitor the experience of various reinsurance programs.
• Provides subject matter expertise and ability to challenge the current reinsurance model.
• Ensures area(s) of responsibility is meeting all objectives pertaining to quality, compliance,
regulations, productivity and customer service
• Keeps current in industry trends, issues and technology
• Plans strategies, anticipating what is ahead; prioritizes team and individual objectives based on
the enterprise’s vision, mission, values and goals
• Consistently generates innovative solutions and drives change initiatives that impact business
performance beyond one’s own area
• Maintains a network of internal and external strategic relationships to help achieve business
• Utilizes informal and formal channels to drive outcomes
• Develops creative and collaborative approaches to driving customer-focused solutions which also
benefit the company’s top and bottom lines
• Partners with leaders and peers within product development, pricing, valuation, finance,
underwriting and reinsurance administration within the group protection business and corporate
enterprise risk management.
• Articulates information in a way that can be interpreted and understood at all levels
• Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change
management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve
quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of
• Leads projects or programs with moderate resource requirements, risk and/or complexity.
• Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders
on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Ensure group's processes and procedures are compliant.
• Undergraduate Degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; educational concentration in
Actuarial Science is preferred.
• ASA designation is required.
• FSA designation strongly preferred.
• 5-7+ years of experience in Actuarial positions that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities
of the position.
• Educational experience and/or proficiency in reinsurance is preferred.
• A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations.
• Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions.
• Drives performance targets to completion.
Valid through: 5/19/2021