Senior Asset Manager
Corporate & Institutional Banking
KS - Overland Park
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Senior Asset Manager in the Real Estate Solutions group within Midland Loan Services, you will be based in Overland Park, KS.
Midland Loan Services, a division of PNC Real Estate, is one of the leading third-party providers of loan servicing, asset management and technology solutions for the commercial real estate finance industry. We leverage our real estate expertise and proprietary technology to offer customized solutions that are tailored to our clients’ specific needs and unique challenges – from lowering operational costs and improving back-office efficiencies to enhancing overall portfolio management capabilities. All the while, we remain focused on exceeding customer expectations, a principle that has earned us a reputation for superior customer service.
The Real Estate Solutions Group works with a diverse group of clients, which includes some of the largest lenders and investors in the commercial real estate market and the largest subordinate bond investors in the CMBS market. Our portfolio provides a wide range of opportunities for our employees to expand their skill sets. We work with our clients to create a customized set of advisory services, including: performing asset management, special servicing, evaluation and risk management strategies for complex debt and equity structures, due diligence and asset valuations. As a Senior Asset Manager, you will have a range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing complex borrower requests and developing recommendations for approvals to our clients,
- Managing a portfolio of transitional commercial real estate projects including adaptive reuses of existing properties, and or out of the ground construction projects,
- Quarterly and annual asset valuations and strategic reviews for various equityinvestors and balance sheet lenders,
- Due diligence for Midland’s third party subordinate CMBS investors
Your days will be filled with a variety of tasks in an environment that values teamwork, open communication, cutting-edge employee training andcareer development. The hours follow a basic workweek, but may allow for some flexibility depending on the needs of our clients as well as the balance of your workgroup.
KS - Overland Park
KS012 - Midland Loan Services
- Oversees portfolios and/or customer request of high complexity and performs transaction analysis.
- Reviews and processes customer requests related to the servicing of assets, monitors watch list assets, and may transfer assets to special servicing area. Prepares and presents cases and approval memoranda for approval as designated and makes suitable recommendations to leadership. Reserve administration.
- May perform or coordinate inspections and complete reports.
- Reviews financial statements related to the asset, market and economic data to determine the economic impact and/or compliance impact for the operation of the assets. Interprets loan documents and servicing agreements. May perform risk ratings, create investorreports and escalate issues accordingly, and manage credit risk and compliance documentation. Identifies process improvement opportunities and may create and update policies and procedures as necessary.
- Engages in frequent verbal and written communication with internal and external parties which may include, high touch customers and their representatives, outside counsel, agencies, special servicers, and investors.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Negotiating - Working Experience
- Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Working Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Investment Reporting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use methods, processes, and tools for creating and maintaining accurate and thorough investment reports.
Financial Statement Analysis - Working Experience
- Knowledge of tools, techniques, and practices, and ability to analyze and determine the credit-worthiness of a business enterprise through its financial statements.
Market Risk - Working Experience
- Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used for analyzing market risk; ability to assess and manage investment exposures to market risk.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.