JOB SUMMARY: Provide creative concept and design development for projects as required by Universal Creative. Direct original design intent or update of design intent.
- Monitors and provides aesthetic direction for capital projects and improvements, maintenance, and refurbishing efforts with the goal of creating and maintaining the design intent of themed environments in exterior and interior guest areas at all Universal Studios venues. Sets standards and provides review and commentary to maintain show quality standards at all Universal Studios venues.
- Provides oversight and direction of design and construction in progress for creative quality.
- Responsible for providing creative design and development including communicating visual ideas through sketching, drafting and rendering.
- Establishes, builds and maintains open relationships based on trust and partnering with key clients and support departments.
- Ensures project documentation of art and finish specifications, materials specification, and design administration. Works with project management to insure schedules, deliverables, and fiscal accountability.
- Required highly creative with a keen eye for environmental design and detail.
- Required knowledge of the process of design, development, contracting and construction, and of thematic materials and finishes.
- Must have visual communication skills including sketching, rendering, drafting and presentation.
- Must have story interpretation and development, visual translation of story to environment.
- Some experience in environmental design, entertainment and display preferred.
- Knowledge of architectural and theatrical lighting, wardrobe and color theory preferred.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Art, Theatrical Design or Architecture required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: 7-10 years of experience as a Production Designer or Art Director in the Entertainment industry or related theme park architectural design group required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.