The Senior Art Director will support the marketing objectives of Chico's FAS by following through with the creative design and production of marketing projects based on established schedules. The Senior Art Director will be instrumental in building and maintaining brand integrity through consistent direction and design.
- Understand current direction and help create brand design identity with SVP, Brand President and Creative Director.
- Meet with the Creative Director on a regular basis to understand and formulate brand direction.
- Manage creative staff and allocate workflow in the design of monthly mailers, grand opening/re-location post cards, special event cards/bag stuffers, in-store signage, billboards, packaging -- all customer touch points.
- Lead photo sessions in partnership with Creative Director.
- Direct and supervise color imaging with outside separation house for all Chico's FAS marketing.
- Establish and maintain the relationships of assigned projects to the overall brand strategy and marketing calendar.
- Ensure Chico's brand individuality, excitement, impact and accuracy in all marketing materials.
- Adhere to demands of production schedule. Be aware of releaseschedule and devote time necessary to meet deadlines -- and allocate resources both in-house and freelance accordingly.
- Lead weekly conference-call Production meetings with Creative staff.
- 7-10 years of Art Direction experience, fashion apparel a plus
- BA/BS degree in a Graphic or Fine Arts field from an accredited institution
- Experience in directing photo-shoots and an excellent eye for color management
- Mac proficiency and fluency in QuarkXPress, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel monthly- photoshoots and trips to HQ office
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal