Job Responsibilities (essential functions of the job):
- To master a knowledge of their assigned brand:
- the disease state
- specific brand
- marketing/advertising strategy
- tactical plan
- To fully participate in the strategic component of the development of creative briefs, market research, client input and job opening meetings
- To create images that are strategically on target using The Brand Footprint and Demand Strategy
- To work closely with the copy writer and supervisor to generate original concepts that reflect product positioning
- To develop a variety of concepts for each assignment that display diversity between them -- attacking the creative problem from different points of view yet producing concepts consistent with the footprint and selling strategy
- To understand that concepts, while needing to be “original”, also need to be consistent with the brand
- To understand the objective (client/account team rationale) for the tactical elements that they will be writing
- Be able to discuss and defend these concepts to the brand creative team
- Be a resource for the account team in solving creative problems
- Work closely with entire internal team to develop effective, impactful ideas based on tactical plan.
- Work in conjunction with the studio to create full copy layouts when necessary.
- Supervise the execution of new art such as photo-shoot, illustrations, digital imaging and the research of stock photography.
- Supervise development of the mechanical, by working closely with the pre-press person.
- Work closely with production to develop spec-sheets, supervise the pre-production and production phase by examining match prints and blueline, and attending press checks.
- Present creative to the client.
- Provide solid direction for video or rip formats to video team under supervision.
- Provide solid direction for interactive pieces to interactive team under supervision.
- Cultivate a relationship with the client by attending and participating in client meetings
- Serve as a resource for the account team and the client in solving creative problems
- Accurately estimate all costs associated with individual projects to fall within budgets
- Produce best creative solution within the estimated budget by having an awareness of end usage of that project
- Manage allocated hours on projects (must keep track of all ART hours i.e., freelance, studio, any “art” related person billing to that particular job number)
- Alert Account Services if hours exceed estimated budget
- Recognize problems and provide solutions in day-to-day creative development
- Provide ideas and/or solutions to issues as they arise that may be outside the original scope of work (i.e., big ideas, interactive, or video solutions).
- Ensure that the day-to-day expectations of the client are met by being prompt with deadlines (follow through with traffic and account services to meet client needs
- Learn and adhere to client regulatory and approval processes
- Organize and prioritize the creative process so the approval process will not be delayed
- Know the competitor’s current advertising strategies by reviewing journals and article summaries supplied by account services
- Attend and contribute to tactical planning / brainstorming planning meetings
Internal Agency Skills
- Provide assistance with general workload when available
- Participate in and contribute to new business pitches
- Alert supervisor of downtime and availability or if overloaded
- Handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Be able to communicate the status of assigned projects at all times
- Forecast and communicate unattainable deadlines
- Estimate and schedule time that may impact other departments with the department head or supervisor before committing their services
Internal Agency Mechanics
- Adhere to Agency processes and procedures
- Attend employee orientations
- Consult with supervisor when unsure as to how to proceed
- Adhere to creative processes and procedures (i.e., how to supply the studio with a project, how to supply DIG a file, how to develop and update spec sheets, how to supply preflight files, conceptualizing before developing layouts, follow project through mechanical stages, photography and retouching, select freelance support (with supervisor’s approval)
- Write clear and concise internal and external correspondence
- Effectively organize and write compelling oral presentations
- Present materials to both client and agency in an articulate and persuasive manner
- Verbal Skills
- Communicate points of discussion clearly
Demonstrate proficiency with MAC based applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Able to prepare files to studio standards
- Accurately submit the following on a timely basis: Time Sheets, Absence Request Forms
Team Consciousness – understands that one’s actions affects others and the agency as a whole and acts accordingly
Judgment / Critical Thinking – makes decisions and evaluations demonstrating maturity and business savvy
Accountability – takes responsibility
Leadership – demonstrates the ability to inspire others
Adaptability – remains flexible and focused in an environment of changing circumstances
Prerequisites (formal education, skills, job-related experience and technical knowledge):
Education: College level or comparative education in Advertising / Design
Industry: Minimum of one year advertising agency experience
Working Conditions (description of work environment including physical demands, travel and overnight absence):
Office environment. Some travel.
Tracking Code 3281-094