8 - 10 years
Posted 72 days ago
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Senior Area Operations Manager position available at our facility in Fresno, CA.
A position, which will direct all California Retail Operations, an area ranging in size from 400 - 500 Million in sales. Leads effort to establish operational efficiencies across the entire market. Directs, and coaches multiple Unit Supervisors / Operations Supervisors. Ultimately responsible for a few hundred operational and administrative employees. Leads combined operational team in a manner that efficiently supports all California Retail sales and marketing efforts.
* Ensures compliance with environmental and Company safety issues. Models safe behaviors for all employees. Quickly and effectively addresses environmental issues. Partners with corporate EHS&S team members on these activities.
* Leads efforts to create consistency of operational activities of all California SGS locations. Indirectly supervises all California Retail operational and administrative employees within the Sales Area in order to support the sales/marketing function of the business in the specific area. Partners effectively with SGS local management and senior management to identify and implement effective strategies and tactics.
* Will direct, coach and mentor Unit Supervisors/ Operations Supervisors. Will provide high quality leadership to the SGS operational and administrative teams.
* Will have a tactical focus as well as a strategic focus with regards to staffing patterns, budgeting, inventory forecasting and control, expense control, operations, equipment and facility improvements, record keeping, etc. Will review and identify potential operational leaders in the organization.
* Will manage the capital investments of the area to maximize productivity in supporting the sales and marketing function.
*Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college or university.
*Eight plus years related experience and/or training.
*Knowledge of the Agriculture Industry and the various products and equipment that support the sales/marketing efforts.
*An understanding of specific California requirements/laws that impact California Retail operations (e.g., environmental, employment, etc.)
*Extensive experience creating solutions to operational efficiency challenges is required.
*California Retail experience required.
*Strong leadership skills required.
*Effective communication and relationship building skills are crucial.
*Ability to effectively analyze two complex organizations to identify best practices and integration opportunities.
*Ability to influence, including influencing without authority.
*Additional Comments: Extensive travel is required.
*Disclaimer - These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.