Mentor Graphics, a Siemens Business, is a leading global provider of software for the design of complex electronics, contributing to the creation of everything from cell phones to airplanes. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design. Founded in 1981, the company is headquartered in Wilsonville, OR (Portland).
Mentor Graphics is growing and requires a Senior Area Business Manager supporting Sales in the Silicon Valley Sales Channel. As a member of Mentor Graphics finance organization you will:
The position advises the Silicon Valley sales team on best practice, collaborating throughout the sales process to enable an optimal outcome. The successful candidate must be able to navigate across multiple disciplines including legal, order fulfillment, treasury, corporate finance, and sales. Additionally, this position requires a candidate with demonstrated competency communicating with a variety of audiences, including upper management. Strong business acumen, good judgment, objectivity, and policy management are key attributes necessary for success in this role.
• 10+ years related business experience, BA or BS degreerequired; MBA preferred
• High business acumen; ability to engage with all levels of the organization for improvements and solution development
• Ability to work collaboratively with matrixed departments and leadership to project plan, problem-solve and deliver results
• Demonstrated experience communicating complex ideas in effective & efficient manor, verbally and in writing
• Ability to translate complex data and effectively communicate to non-technical professionals
• Ability to successfully influence business partners, even when holding a contrary position
• Strong understanding of IFRS15/ASC606 software revenue recognition
• Familiarity with services revenue recognition
• Excellent project management, organization and time management skills
• Strong Excel, MS office, reporting and presentation skills. Experience with SAP/Business Objects a plus.
• Ability to work independently and drive process improvements
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan. Our Fremont site also has the following onsite: 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, basketball courts, sand volleyball, and daily exercise classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.