This role at a glance:
NBBJ is seeking a Senior Architectural Designer, with 10+ years of experience with good conceptual, visual, and communication skills to work in a highly collaborative design studio.
In your new role, you will:
- Produce rapid visualization of concepts, design ideas and holistically support their translation into crafted architecture.
- Develop detailed design concepts
- Lead the work of other team members, providing mentoring and guidance
- Provide thought leadership in high-performance building concepts
- Provide expertise in communicating and executing projects to team members, clients and contractors
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree; B Arch or M Arch desired
- 10+ years of work experience
- Architectural licensure desired
- LEED Accreditation or within 18 months of hire
- Deep understanding of high-performance and environmentally sound building concepts and strategies.
- Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills
- California experience working with OSHPD and local Southern CA agencies.
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills and ability to work within diverse teams of designers, clients and contractors.
- Experience leading design efforts through a variety of delivery models such as IPD, Progressive Design Build, Design Build and PPP.
- Proficiency in Revit with 3D modeling skills; Sketch up, and/or Rhino desired
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign desired
- Experience in Grasshopper workflows are beneficial
- Ability to participate in multiple projects and manage deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, open environment
- Ability to travel, if project requires