STV currently has an opening in our Virginia beach, VA office for a Sr. Architect in our Buildings and Facilities division.
The ideal candidate will have experienceworking with an architectural/engineering team in preparing documents for both new construction and renovations. Experience with K-12/Higher Ed, Justice/Detention Facilities, Commercial, and/or Transportation projects for various public agencies and entities is needed. The ideal candidate is ‘hands on’ in the computer with drawing programs and will assist with Architectural Design work from concept design through construction documentation for projects requiring interface and collaboration with various disciplines and consultants. Ability to prepare architectural drawings, utilizes a strong knowledge of building technology; and/or supervises their execution for all phases of a project. Executes code analysis, material selections, and coordinates with specifications writer. May conduct site and constructioninspections for information-gathering purposes, and preparation of design reports. Coordinates with other disciplines. Plan, schedule, coordinate, manage and oversee the work of lower-level architects who assist with particular projects.
Essential Duties Include:
- Determine collectively with project management, the technical approach and design criteria for projects.
- Generate Cartoon Sets and bear full responsibility for completion of construction drawings and specifications
- Lead and coach junior architectural staff
- Perform independent investigations, studies, and architectural analysis.
- Develop design details, plans and specifications.
- May serve as quality control reviewer.
- Use computer software as a design tool for solving complex architectural problems.
- Contribute new designs, or techniques which are of material significance in the solution of important problems.
- Remain current in codes and technologies appropriate to the architecture discipline including IBC, IECC, NYCBC, NFPA, ADA, etc.
- Ensure conformance with standards, established architectural practices, applicable codes, and technical adequacy of design and construction.
- May include construction administration including review of shop drawings and Requests for Information.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A Professional Degree in Architecture is preferred with 10-15 years of experience working as an architect with teams on large projects. Proficiency with BIM Revit, AutoCad, and Microsoft Office Suite are required. Ability to model in 3ds Max and Rhino is a plus.
Excellent design, presentation skills, both verbal and visual, and strong knowledge for generating technical details that are constructible is essential. The candidate should be a self-starter with a passion for problem solving, an understanding that project success comes through teamwork, and a firm focus on client needs.