Responsible for crafting the UI and Services architectural vision and strategy for key enterprise web and mobile applications and guiding development teams in their implementation. This role is also hands-on and provides ample opportunity to lead by example with proof of concepts, reference implementations and supporting architectural mentorship in addition to communicating and voicing support for this work. You will have an enormous chance to create an impact on the architecture, design and delivery of ground breaking experiences used every day by our employees and customers.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities:
- Works with Web applications & back-end services development teams on designing, establishing, and enhancing products and promoting platform ideas and concepts across multiple application delivery teams.
- Works closely with Product Owners, UX designers and Technical Leads to provide guidance on implementation of solutions that demonstrate best in class user experiences.
- Develops solutions that are well engineered, flexible, resilient, operable, maintainable, and can be delivered on schedule. Ensures a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions.
- Actively participates in both internal and external development communities, relentlessly staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Presents ideas in technical forums, meet-ups, and peer gatherings as well as to business leadership. Champions' major technical transformation initiatives within the organization.
- Writes wikis, how-to's, and other technical documentation that clearly explains architectural vision, promotes technical direction, and serves as a reference for the web application developer community.
- Works on multiple projects within an Agile/Scrum team in accordance with business priorities.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
- Familiarity with common libraries and MVC architectural pattern
- Experience in using java multithreading techniques for building fluid user experiences
- Knowledge of source control systems (GitHub)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins, GoCD, Concourse)
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Ability to think critically and independently
- Experience with versioning tools. GIT
- Excellent communication: must be a good listener, willing to ask questions, and able to clearly communicate ideas with team members and external groups.
- Complies with all established procedures and policies of Comcast.
- Other functions that may be assigned.
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Experience in software development working on enterprise-class web applications
- Experience in a software architecture or technical lead role
- Angular, React, and other frameworks - multiple preferred
- Performance analysis and web optimization
- Service oriented architectures, micro-services, 12-factor apps
- DevOps principles
- Agile SDLC - Scrum preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to work across organizational boundaries and promote and influence direction on how to best solve business and technical problems.
- Experience in ServiceNow Architecture and Development is a plus
- Certifications in ServiceNow Development is a plus
- Experience building accessible, cross-platform web sites and web applications
- Experience with AWS Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB.
- Experience with various data interchange and representation formats such as JSON, XML.
- Experience in a Cable, Telecom, or a Media company a plus
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Education
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Bachelor's DegreeRelevant Work Experience
10 Years +