The Sr. Mainframe Architect will execute the vision, future direction, and initiative roadmap for strategic, infrastructure technology programs for the Global Technology Operations (GTO) organization. To help define the reference and implementation architectures for strategic, infrastructure technology solutions for the GTO organization. To persuades and influences Business and Information Technology (IT) leaders on the architectural direction for strategic, infrastructure technology programs for the GTO organization.
In this role, you will:
- Provide the architectural leadership in shaping strategic, infrastructure technology programs for the GTO organization (e.g., TBD).
- Establish working relationships with strategic and boutique technology providers.
- Leverage knowledge capital available through subscription research services.
- Leverage the Internet as a critical resource for related knowledge capital, inclusive of blogs, podcasts, webinar, etc.
- Attend conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.).
- Consume and contributes content from and to Open Source communities.
- Provide architecture thought leadership and expertise.
- Define reference and implementation architectures.
- Produces technology roadmaps in support of IT’s vision and strategy.
- Develops proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models.
- Monitors implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- Ensures implementation solutions support architecture objectives (availability, scalability, performance, security, etc.), as appropriate.
- Utilizes advanced leadership skills especially in the areas of persuasion, influence, conceptualizing solutions and problem solving.
- Communicates complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
- Establishes relationships with IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
- Coaches and mentors more junior infrastructure architects.
- Utilizes a general understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years relevant work experience.