IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Senior Architect to join our industry leading Architecture team at our Overland Park, KS office location.
The Senior Architect works independently on various projects as assigned by Department Head. He/she may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialized design. The Senior Architect may work on several concurrent projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks and work with a Project Manager to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Write scope of work for architectural design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes. Work with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assign and review work of project design team. Check progress of work and alert Project Manager to change of scope or additional services.
- Review contractor application for payments. Has a thorough understanding of construction process.
- Coordinate all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals. Proficient written and oral communications skills.
- Prepare or review construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promote use of and participate in development of company design and production standards.
- Assist in the education and development of design staff and act as resource for design questions.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 8 years previous architectural design experience.
- Bachelors of Architecture Degree from an accredited university/AIA certification preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer for design and understand CAD operations.
- Demonstrated ability as a designer. Ability to interpret a building program and generate varied design concepts. Knowledge of building and zoning codes.
- Ability to work as a member or leader of a team.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to work on more than one project at a time.