Our healthcare architectural team is looking for a highly motivated senior architect to lead the design process and support our healthcare division growth efforts in selected strategic areas.
Our Architects at SSOE are the creative drivers that work closely with our project teams, project managers and clients. From proposal throughout the design process and construction, to the close out and project completion, the Architectural team is key in keeping the client’s objectives in sight.
At SSOE, our senior Architects are considered Subject Matter Experts, and help establish process, procedures, work flow along with mentoring and guiding the staff on projects. We arm our employees with current relevant industry knowledge to keep our collaborative teams on the cutting edge of their discipline.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with managers to ensure appropriate staffing is supplied at the right level of expertise to the appropriate project.
- Mentor emerging professionals and designers, to help them develop needed skills and knowledge on projects.
- Conduct design meetings with client stake holders and apply creative design thinking to client’s identified challenge to help maximize value of SSOE’s services to the client.
- Coordinate project budget and schedule with team and clients.
- Supervise and contribute to the development of renderings / graphics for presentations and design submissions.
- Architectural lead for client interviews or presentations.
- Participate in preparation of proposals.
- Oversee coordination with all project discipline leads, teams and stakeholders.
- Evaluate contractor’s progress during construction and provide recommendations.
- Conduct material and produce research as needed for projects.
- Validate design decisions based on cost analysis with an understanding construction phasing.
- Conduct quality control reviews of contract documents prior to issuance.
- Lead the design and oversee the design process from programming and planning through completion construction documents, specifications and construction administration. This includes stamping/sealing drawings done as the professional in responsible charge.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 8+
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree with minimum of twelve years of experience in architectural practice.
- Professional registration -RA (Registered Architect) is required.
- Design ability with a strong background in design on healthcare projects.
- Flexibility to work both with a single client with a variety of project types and multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Excellent communication, technical, written and verbal skills with a hands-on attitude.
- Detail-oriented and technical, yet experienced enough to see the big picture.
- Experienced, self-directed professional.
- Must be a highly motivated self-started with strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Strong knowledge of building code, ADA and other design/regulatory requirements.
- Ability to apply passion and enthusiasm for design in a collaborative and progressive, team oriented work environment.
- Stay current with design software such as Revit and AutoCAD.
- Possesses relationships with existing clients and can bring work in to the company, on a local and regional level, preferred.
- This position will be integral to the growth of our healthcare division, so a proven history of developing new relationships and identifying new clients is required.
- Due to the travel associated with this role, a Valid Driver’s License and ability to qualify for company auto insurance required.