As an individual contributor, guide and mentor less-experienced staff members to set an example in excellence for innovation, development and maintainability of software applications. Participates in and provides input on the process for selection of future technical leaders.
Engage directly with customers and customer-facing field and support teams to understand customer needs and improve supportability of the product offering and for supporting key customer escalations by taking ownership of issues from diagnosis to resolution, with solid troubleshooting skills.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Ability to quickly learn, develop working experience and, drive innovation and thought leadership in new technologies, and make objective build vs buy vs leverage technological choices.
- Experience with all phases of SW product lifecycle - early concept, product definition, MVP development, GA / New Product Introduction, rollout to production deployments in enterprise environments, and mature product support.
- Solid experience with modular system architecture, system analysis and decomposition, design of distributed and high parallel processing systems, and architectural paradigms and design patterns for key constructs necessary for an enterprise-grade product, like HA, resiliency, availability, non-disruptive upgrades, data protection schemes
- Experience with building systems exhibiting enterprise characteristics of high availability, reliability, and supportability and driving performance and scale impact and analysis, measurement and improvement.
- Enthusiastic about working on a wide range of product areas across a large enterprise-class software codebase, with in depth understanding of system components like networking, data storage systems, features and protocols. distributed systems, data plane, management and control plane, low level software, etc.
- Comfortable with driving and documenting complex architectures/designs with mature design principles, design patterns, etc., and participating in Design and Code Reviews while exhibiting an ability to "think in code" for algorithmic performance and codebase maintainability.
- Technical knowledge of data center architectures, and on-prem vs public vs hybrid cloud deployments and architectures including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of building developer API creation, implementation and support, RESTful services and using REST API and related frameworks
- Must have worked in agile environment, with CICD exposure and familiarity with related automation frameworks (e.g. Jenkins).
- Proficient in modern programming/scripting languages/technologies (Python, Go Language, Java, C/C++, etc), Linux and container technologies like Docker, and comfortable to get involved at a hands-on level in designing and coding, as necessary
- Solid grasp of computer science/software engineering concepts around data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, distributed computing and cloud computing paradigms.
- You must be a proactive, motivated, driven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.