We are looking for a collaborative, highly motivated Senior Architect who has the desire to help grow and develop our architecture practice in the life science, food processing and advanced technology sectors in the Western region.
This person will execute and lead all phases of design which includes: feasibility studies, planning, concept development, scope, detailed design and construction documentation. This person will also have a solid knowledge
California Building Codes and construction document preparation as well as all stages of development (review, bid, permit, etc.). Projects are industrial and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
- Leads the architectural design and multidiscipline industrial and manufacturing project teams in an A/E environment.
- Defines the industrial facility program requirements based on an understanding of the client's production process flow and space environmental needs derived from meetings with the Client and the review of any documentation provided by the Client.
- Conducts code research specific to the project site, program and proposed use.
- Prior working knowledge of code studies/evaluations for life science facilities and/or hazardous/classified areas is highly desirable.
- Creates integrated solutions and communicates key concepts to the Client.
- Develops the base plan and coordinates technical requirements to other engineering disciplines.
- Understands and develops design intent based on client objectives and provides excellent client service.
- When required by project scope, researches material options or alternative building methods in an effort to deliver the optimal solution for the Client.
- Develops specifications and directs preparation of technical plans and related documents for permit acquisition and construction.
- Answers RFI's and reviews submittals and shop drawings throughout the pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
- Manages and provides guidance to Architectural designers working on the project teams.
- Minimum 10+ years of industrial/manufacturing architectural design experience with a proven ability to lead the facility design from the programming/concept phase through the production of construction documents, permit acquisition, and site implementation on multi-discipline projects in an A/E environment.
- Highly desired is a minimum 5+ years executing industrial projects in the advanced technologies and Life Science Sectors. Prior food and beverage or heavy industrial/manufacturing project experience is also desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of local, state and national building codes.
- Architectural experience in the development and creation of construction documents for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device sectors or food and beverage industries desired.
- Knowledge/experience in design of both new Greenfield facilities as well as renovations to existing buildings.
- Knowledge/experience in design of ISO clean rooms, labs and processing spaces is highly desired.
- Knowledge/experience in design of cold storage and refrigerated processing environments.
- Experience in coordinating design with process engineers on industrial installations of production equipment is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
- Proficient computer skills in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- We are licensed for facility engineering across the United States. Architects can expect Up to 20% travel to project sites, and collaboration with design professionals in other offices
- Bachelor of Architecture degree is required.
- Master of Architecture degree is desired
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Architect license required
- NCARB desired