Foot Locker, Inc. is the world's leading retailer of athletically inspired shoes and apparel. Headquartered in New York City, it operates approximately 3,500 athletic retail stores in 21 countries in North America, Europe and Australiaunder the brand names Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, Footaction, and Champs Sports.
Additionally, the Company's Footlocker.com business operates a direct-to-customer business offering athletic footwear, apparel and equipment through its Internet and catalog channels. We attribute our success to the drive and intelligence of our associates. Operating in team-driven culture, our goals as a company are boundless.
Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking a Senior Architect – Data Enterprise to join the IS&T Data Platform and Engineering Department.
The Senior Architect – Data Enterprise will:
- Articulate the current enterprise architectural vision, conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches and creating models to communicate the strategic direction.
- A technologist that has a hands-on approach to understanding various data integration methods while paving the way for standards across the enterprise.
- Develop architectural standards, workflows and interface specification documents that complement the architectural vision well enforcing best practices.
- Provides guidance, leadership and expertise to define solution architecture and strategies across various departments throughout the enterprise.
- Work closely with various departments across the enterprise in maintaining architectural standards and in implementing business rules the will support the overall data strategy.
- Requires a BS or equivalent experience (MSpreferred) in a technical / engineeringdegree program.
- Requires 6 or more years of database development work withexperience in Data Warehousing and BI reporting environment.
- Strong understanding of retail data management systems
- Experience in various data integration/ETL tools, application integration, business process and data science tools (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Flume)
- Strong conceptual, logical and physical data structure/ data base design experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with great interpersonal dispositions and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of various DBMSsystems including NoSQL architectures and design principles.
- Experience in Cassandra NoSQL a plus.
- Experience in cloud, Azure,AWS, GCP.
- Experience with working on a data Lake.