If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
The Bell Network team is on a journey to transform how Bell delivers the best customer experience with seamless access to a software-driven and cloud-based ecosystem of products, services and content. This transformation is about simplifying, virtualizing and automating the network transport and services to lower costs and increase agility to deploy Bell services.
At the heart of this transformation is the Network Cloud Infrastructure and Services team. Our vision: Be recognized by tenants as the simplest, most reliable and adaptable cloud. Nothing less! We are on a mission to enable the Bell Network team to virtualize and cloudify network services and applications by providing self-serve, on-demand, reliable and secure cloud services, while supporting them on their journey.
Our team is organized in product squads, leveraging the best of Lean manufacturing, Agile / Scrum framework and DevOps practices and tools. We are a powerful mix of infrastructure, networking, security, storage, cloud computing, software development experts, supported by a crew of scrum masters and senior managers.
- Analyze, design and implement the appropriate operation and automation solutions to support Public Cloud integration (AWS, Azure, GPC) with Bell's Private Cloud
- Continuously improve, simply & standardize the operation architecture, strategy and delivery processes
- Develop, support and operate the Public Cloud integration and ensure it evolves with new requirements coming from our tenants
- Actively participate to implement good DevOps practices/concepts
- Define requirements and specifications with internal groups in an Agile setting (Epics and User Stories)
- Perform the technology watch; contribute to the strategy and evolution of existing services, as well as future architecture evolution.
- Develop new technical solutions and programs to improve customer experience, reduce time to market or improve cost structure.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Information Science
- 5+ years of technical experience in Cloud, Security, Network and/or IT
- Good knowledge of Public Cloud (AWS, Azure and/or GCP) with previous experience
- Experience in Hybrid Cloud architecture is a plus
Software / Automation:
- Experience in using or administering CI/CD tooling (e.g. Gitlab Pipeline)
- Experience in automation tools such as Terraform, ARM Templates, CloudFormation, GCP Templates
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code methodology and operation
- Experience in source code management and version control systems like Git
You must have knowledge in at least one of the following domain:
- Experience with Public Cloud management systems
- Experience with Public Cloud Monitoring & Analysis & Optimization tools (cost, infra, usage)
- Experience with the operational aspects of software systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting with relevant tools
- Experience in Detective controls and Incident Response mechanism
- Experience securing Public Cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of Public Cloud Security architecture and design principles
- Knowledge of Public Cloud Security practices & tools (AWS, Azure and/or GCP)
- Experience with Active Directory & Identity and Access Management
- Experience in Data Management and Protection
- Familiar with DevSecOps practices
- Deep understanding in multiple fields of infosec, preferably with operation background
- Good knowledge of Networking (BGP, ISIS, Segment Routing, EVPN, MPLS, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Public Cloud Networking (AWS, Azure and/or GCP)
- Experience in building network infrastructure in Public Cloud
- Experience in operating Public Cloud network infrastructure, including inbound/outbound (inter & intra region) traffic optimization
- Knowledge of Public Cloud (Azure, AWS and/or GCP), either in networking, security and/or operation
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day-to-day work and take appropriate actions
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, with a good sense of humor
- Billingual - French/English
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and or in a team
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Good understanding of Cloud Native Architecture and principles
- Professional level certifications for Azure, AWS and/or GCP is a plus
- Experience with Lean manufacturing, Agile / Scrum and DevOps principles, practices and tools.
- Connected to the industry and the ecosystem.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Ability to develop win-win solutions supporting tenant’s need within technical constraints.
- Ability to partner with & influence others.
- Ability to learn in a fast pace environment.