The Cloud Architect will report directly to the Director, Enterprise Architecture and Emerging Technologies.
The Sr. Architect will be a key member of the enterprise architecture group in driving organizational transformation through adoption of continuous architecture
- Establish architecture models & frameworks that optimize current business through existing technologies and drive innovation with disruptive technologies
- Establish KPIs and metrics to drive creation of right processes and outcome
- Capture, assess and readjust architecture based on business strategy, industry trends and technology advancements
The Sr. Architect will be expected to demonstrate significant leadership in influencing and driving architecture and technology initiatives across the organization and showcase One AARP cultural attributes and behaviors in all interactions.
- Establish an Enterprise Cloud strategy, architecture, standards and best practices associated with all aspects of Cloud offerings
- Develop, maintain and refresh the strategic direction for cloud adoption on a periodic basis
- Manage POCs & exploratory projects - to identify, evaluate and eventually adopt most suitable Cloud model (Public & Private Clouds, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Lead Architecture discussions and reviews to determine if new products and solutions comply with the agreed enterprise cloud strategy and architecture
- Lead and take part in cloud readiness assessments, workshops, roadmap, and application modernization discussions
- Assess and provide recommendations and develop engineering designs and project plans for cloud migration, cloud operation, and cloud IT optimization
- Develop and drive programs to ensure the architecture and associated product solutions are delivered to realize technical and business benefits
- Build, design, deploy, maintain and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions across multiple public cloud offerings, e.g. AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Lead cloud migration or deployment projects and provide technical expertise in resolving challenging technical problems
- Support the full lifecycle of cloud computing management, from needs analysis and environment assessment, through design, test, migration, and operation
- Develop, enhance, and maintain orchestration and automation of cloud enablement tools
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success managing projects, specifically having led cloud assessment and migration strategies.
- 10+ years of experience with infrastructuretechnologies and application architecture design
- 6+ years of experience designing and delivering secure cloud solutions in AWS and Microsoft Azure
- At least 4+ years of experience designing deployment strategies for cloud/virtualization and implementation best practices
- At least 4+ years of experience designing solutions using IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Experience in agile development
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic working environment
- AWS or Azure Cloud certifications, desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Information Systems or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in technologyarchitecture and management with at least 6 years in cloud architecture
- Knowledge and application of technology standards, frameworks and reference architectures
- Knowledge and application of business metrics and KPIs to drive the right processes
- MBA or Master's degree in Business Administration or Information Systems or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.