Position can based out of Aetna office locations such as Downers Grove, IL, Phoenix, AZ, Burlington, MA, Blue Bell, PA. may consider additional office locations in major cities.
As Senior Architect within Aetna's Enterprise Architecture organization, will be responsible for enhancement, support, and maintaining architectural integrity of designated Systems of Insight by directing initiatives and delivering architectural solutions using established best practices. Recognized as an expert and a leader throughout the IT community. As an individual contributor, this position has no direct line management responsibilities but is a major contributor to the success of mission critical, complex, typically large, often enterprise-wide major architecture projects and innovations. Delivers architectural solutions and manages project requirements into specific system, application or process designs solutions. Position requires considerable knowledge of domain processes, and architectures and directs design efforts of lead architects. Demonstrated understanding of industry and technology trends and drives the strategic vision with assistance from senior management.
- Delivers technology strategy, direction, management and support of business systems delivery.
- Collects requirements for approved projects and aggregates resource demand by supplier and by role.
- Acts as the primary technical resource across several areas of expertise, to senior client and information technology management and staff.
- Provides expert technical consultation to IT management strategic planning groups.
- Oversees development of solutions with highly complexity and risk with business area implications.
- Fosters and engages in teamwork at the highest management and technical levels across business lines.
- Anticipates and proactively responds to future customer, industry and information technology trends.
- Be viewed as subject matter and delivery expert for organization by wide range of management.
- Develops and implement technology strategies that influence business area with senior management review.
- Develops business models to guide development of the architecture and manage standard technical products life cycle according to APLC.
- Produces quality output for highly visible IT products, services and future business development.
- 6+ years recent and related experience in information systems architecture methodologies.
- 6+ years experience in enterprise, application and information architecture design.
- 3+ years of solid knowledge on contemporary Enterprise Information Management architecture, design patterns and execution such as Big Data, Data Lakes, tools and best practices.
- 4+ years of project management experience.
- Experience with the application delivery process.
- Experience working with matrixed staff with ability to leverage non-directs to complete tasks.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.