$150K — $200K *
AvidXchange is the industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processes over $140 billion transactions annually across its network of more than 600,000 suppliers, transforming the way 6,000 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,400 employees supporting customers across seven office locations. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game”, “Passion about Customer Success”, “Win as a Team”, “Play to our Strengths”, and “Have a Blast”. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
Solutions architects drive technical transformation at Avid in product and engineering teams by being technical leaders. Each architect owns a focus area around some part of Avid’s business or internal operations, and their technical input is essential for ensuring we empower engineering teams. They serve as both the technical champions for our transformation work and the representatives for how to build great software.
A solutions architect at Avid has six responsibilities:
1. Embody technical excellence: Craft technical designs and architectural solutions to meet business and product needs. Be a role model for the architectural ideas of other technical staff.
2. Awareness of the technology landscape: Provide architectural assessments of existing technologies, team deliverables, and industry developments and trends.
3. Experienced at software prototyping: Build software proof-of-concepts to determine the feasibility and technical risks of a proposed design, or to evaluate new technologies.
4. Good communicator of technical ideas: Understand, define, and communicate critical quality attributes or non-functional requirements. Simplify ideas for different audiences.
5. Partnership with product and engineering teams: Provide key technical inputs to product, technology, and platform roadmaps.
6. Peer leader for transformation and technical excellence: Collaborate and lead with other architects in the creation, adoption, and spread of company technology standards and principles for engineering teams
While there are many different paths to be a successful architect, there are a few elements we like to see in common. If you think you could carry out the responsibilities above, we would love to have you apply. That said, there are six key qualifications we think are important for success:
• Over 10 years of full-time engineering or architectural experience, with at least half of that having solutions architecture responsibilities. We are looking for people who explicitly responsible for architect solutions, who come from a technical background, and who either held an explicit architecture role or were in a technical leadership role where architecture was a core function.
• Demonstrated ability to write software. While the production of software is not your primary role, technical credibility is vital for communicating effectively with engineers and demonstrating technical excellence — for example, building proof of concepts, sketching out test cases so you can experiment on, and so on.
• Familiarity with modern, domain-driven modeling approaches and tools, so that you can communicate your ideas consistently. Good technical modeling doesn’t mean opening PowerPoint; it means thinking carefully about how the systems you’ll be helping teams build together will work with each other and representing that in ways that everyone can understand.
• Facilitation and communication skills. You will lead internal and external stakeholders to shared understandings of complex domains and propose technical solutions. You will need to be able to communicate the merits and tradeoffs of your ideas both to technical and nontechnical executives, as well as engineers and product owners.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking beyond the scope of your technical solution. Your work and designs are always part of a greater whole. Understanding how you impact other systems and people and articulating how it aligns with broader goals are important.
• Expertise with Azure, the .NET CLR platform, and the C# programming language. AvidXchange is widely deployed in both Azure and on-premises environments, and almost everything is written in C#. To be effective, you will need to be comfortable with the general concerns of distributed systems and cloud environments, and the popular technologies in this space.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
Valid through: 3/8/2021
$150K — $170K + no cap, equity
2 days ago