What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Through direct supervision, responsible for system administration and data maintenance of simple to moderately complex business systems. Capable of troubleshooting, tracking and providing first level support to multiple business groups, coordinating resolution of supported applications with business users, IT and vendors.
Essential Job Functions
1. Maintains and administers systems (distributed and mainframe) including but not limited to data table, download and interface maintenance; and may assist with development of system components using product specific tools to create reports and other objects.
2. Performs low to moderate system administration tasks such as validation of automated data loads, importing of data files, reconciliation of system processes, running and/or file transmissions.
3. Receives business requests and performs preliminary analysis to determine if desktop, application or network connection issues need escalation to the Bank of the West Service Desk.
4. Assists IT, vendors and business system analysts in performing root cause analysis and issue remediation.
5. Notifies and keeps Business Units and Department management abreast of system issues affecting the business.
6. Participates in evaluating, reviewing and automating existing processes.
7. Updates system administration documentation for all assigned systems.
8. Performs ongoing monitoring of business system health.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree - Required
· 5+ years Financial Services and/or Information Technology
· Basic knowledge of business systems software, PC’s, LAN’s, WAN’s
· Basic knowledge of Financial Banking systems
· Basic knowledge of Systems Administration
· Basic to moderate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Basic knowledge of Process Improvement
· Basic knowledge of Visual Basic macro’s