With the assistance of the Branch Executive, develops, organizes and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatic programs and direction. Oversees aquatic staff that may include: lifeguards, swim instructors, water fitness instructors, swim coaches, coordinators and program heads.
1. Minimum age of 21.
2. Minimum of four years working as a lifeguard, swim instructor, water fitness instructor or swim coach.
3. Ability to relate to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
4. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness for applicable certifications.
5. Ability to think in the abstract, solve problems, and make quick decisions under stress.
6. Must have experience with computers including word processing and database software.
7. Knowledge and experience in the recruitment, training and supervision of profession staff.
8. Must have skills in public relations, communication, interpersonal relationships and presenting.
1. With the guidance of the Executive Branch Director develops operational objectives and strategic direction for aquatic programs and staff.
2. Ensures aquatic programs meet the needs of the community and association standards.
3. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with other community organizations.
4. Interviews and trains all aquatic staff.
5. Evaluates staff regularly to ensure program quality and consistence. Makes recommendations to Branch Executive regarding staff performance issues and concerns.
6. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete; provide training as needed.
7. Ensure that the pool and program schedules are in alignment with fiscal and program goals.
8. Conduct certification classes including: lifeguard, swim instructor, first aid, and CPR.
9. Assists in the marketing and actively seek to build strategic philanthropic relationships.
10. Assists in the development and monitoring of the department budget to meet fiscal objectives; assists in fund raising.
11. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
12. Complies with all Aquatic Cabinet responsibilities, including attending regular meetings.