About the role
Zillow is looking for Senior Applied Scientists to join growing world-class data science and engineering groups. You'll be focused on one of several initiatives, including personalization and recommendation, home price estimation and forecasting, advertising, new ventures, and agent-related analytics, to help make Zillow the largest, most-trusted, and vibrant home-related market in the world. You will:
- Collaborate with otherApplied Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to conduct cutting-edge applied research contributing to products
- Find insights in a diverse set of data and leverage those signals in new machine learning and statistical models using state-of-the-art techniques and tools
- Work closely with machine learning engineers to productionize and ship those models
- Help build a better real estate experience for consumers, and a deeper understanding of our business and customers
About the team
Our data science & engineering teams build predictive models and big data systems for Zestimates, our personalization engines, computer vision, targeted advertising, and many other cutting-edge analytic products that power Zillow’s industry-leading online marketplace. We are always looking for the best model for the job, whether it is a random forest, deep neural nets, matrix factorization, or GLM. If we cannot find one, we will invent it. Our stack includes (but is not limited to) Spark and Hadoop. Languages in common use are Python, R, and Scala. The work we do is at the core of Zillow’s mission to empower the consumer and provide them with the tools to make informed decisions.
Who you are
- Have practical experience in statistical inference or predictive modeling
- Have demonstrated project or team leadership (preferred)
- Expert in algorithms for supervised or unsupervised learning
- Completed a Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics, or related scientific discipline involving mathematical modelling (preferred)
- 2+ years industry experience with machine learning applied to big data.
- Proven ability to conduct research, assimilate state-of-the-art methods from research papers, and turn product requirements in to algorithmic solutions.
- Looking to work on a team to solve challenging problems
- Regularly working in at least one of Python, R, or Scala