Apply data science to make a real and meaningful impact by working directly with doctors and nurses at the #1 health system in Wisconsin so we can push the boundaries of advanced analytics.
We are seeking an Senior Applied Data Scientist to:
- Employ Natural Language Processing to enrich and create new value on a decade’s worth of unstructured data to improve the patient experience, clinician practice, healthcare quality, and research workflows. Define the next generation of use cases for healthcare NLP.
- Deploy predictive analytics through the health system – not just algorithm development, but drive the entire end-to-end process from creating and tuning algorithms to operationalizing the model into the workflows to measuring the impact. Create predictive models that clinicians and staff will use to improve patient care, healthcare operations, and financial performance.
- Leverage the enterprise healthcare data ecosystem to develop advanced analytics; this includes 10s of TBs of data spanning clinical, claims, revenue cycle, finance, patient experience, and administrative data as structured, unstructured, streaming, and geo-spatial data.
- Design and influence the evolution of the enterprise big data platform and architecture that incorporates machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, and DataOps technologies.
- Partner with physician leaders and operational stakeholders to consultatively implement advanced analytics within WI’s top health system comprising 6 hospitals, 80+ outpatient sites, 1,500 physicians, 16,500 staff, 17 medical school departments, caring for over 600,000 patients.
Minimum - Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Data Science or related field (Four years relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement)
Preferred - Master’s degree or Doctorate in Healthcare, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Data Science or related field
Preferred – Ten (10) years of relevant data analysis or analytics experience in healthcare (provider or payor). Three (3) years of experience using Epic Chronicles, Epic Registries, Epic Clarity and/or Epic Caboodle Data Warehouse. Extensive project management experience, including agile methods.
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred - Epic certifications in any subject area, CPA, CFA
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Multiple successful large analytics initiatives, where you had a significant role in conceiving, designing, developing and implementing the initiative, including the appropriate organizational change management.
- Consistent demonstrated success in data-driven change management including analyzing information, determining the “story” that the data tells, developing insights, and implementing change.
- Advanced or expert knowledge and demonstrated successful delivery in multiple, preferably 3 or more, analytics competencies. Domains include, but are not limited to: business intelligence, predictive analytics, text analytics, statistics, machine learning, analytic tools and platforms, data management, data architecture, data governance, analytics education / learning, ontology, metadata, business planning and development, cost accounting, financial modeling/analysis, quality measurement, clinical care, health outcomes, social determinants of health, claims.
- Very good analytical thinking, critical thinking, project management and SQL competencies.
- Very good subject matter expertise in one or more areas such as hospital operations, ambulatory operations, population health management, performance measure development, healthcare administration, patient satisfaction, strategic planning, market analysis, labor and productivity analytics, financial modeling, cost accounting, revenue cycle management, and survey design/development.
- Demonstrates professional standards related to data access, data security, data sensitivity, and data confidentiality.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.