We currently are recruiting for a Flavor Scientist for our Beverage Applications group in Cincinnati, Ohio. The primary focus of this position is to execute daily brief-related tasks and apply knowledge during the flavour selection, evaluation and application development. Serve as technical expert and advisor to marketing, sales, flavour creation, and customers for specific beverage applications. Having an expertise in beverage and with citrus will be a huge plus for this role.
- Showcase your Technical Expertise: Lead evaluations of flavors in beverage applications for briefs, research projects and portfolio evaluations. Select optimal flavors for beverage projects according to specified requirements (i.e. customer, regulatory, legislation, costs) and suggest improvements for the most common applications. Identify appropriate flavour delivery systems and technologies for customer projects in specific applications.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships: With a limited number of customers, be able to gain their trust and respect. Actively maintain the flavor performance data for the flavor portfolio through evaluation in finished product and capture of profiles. Coach, train and motivate technicians and technologists.
- Manage Organizational Effectiveness: Maintain a safe, clean and organized lab environment in accordance with EH&S policies and hold others accountable for following these guidelines. Manage projects with the complete ability to lead large development projects.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team as passionate as you are? Then come join us - and impact your world.
Your Professional Profile should include:
- B.S. in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology and 7 - 9 years experience in a food applications lab, production, or related area; or Masters Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, and 4 - 6 years experience in a food applications lab, production, or related area (preferred);
- Understanding of most food applications, ingredients, and processes with practical experience in customers’ food manufacturing environment.
- Basic understanding of many of the flavour reactions/interactions in common food products and the ability to recommend flavour modifications based on performance.
- Expert technical problem solving skills in specific applications and basic skills in multiple applications areas.
- Ability to translate market trends into innovative products for key customers.