Provide hands-on application support for Photon Dynamics?, an Orbotech Company, automated Array inspection system for the Flat Panel Display (FPD) industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide frequent reports and updates to San Jose management team
- Manage tasks through hands-on testing at overseas customer sites
- Manage customer demo and new device evaluation test
- Ability to use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Motivated to provide customer satisfaction by effectively troubleshooting and resolving applications related issues
- Ability to learn new tools, features and methods and apply such knowledge at customer sites
- Successful candidate will be flexible to work extended hours as needed based on demands
- Requires up to 30~40% travel in peak times
- Familiarity with LCD, Semiconductor inspection or tester equipment is desired
- Understanding of LCD processes, semiconductorprocesses, Thin Film Transistor Manufacturing, applications engineering experience in a capital equipment company
- Must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, customer management skills, excellent English oral and written skills
- Must have experience developing and writing comprehensive reports
- Must have excellent customer interaction skills
- Strong fluency with oral and written Chinese language (Mandarin) highly preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS in Engineering, MSpreferred in Electronics, Materials Science, Optical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Specialized courses in FPD and LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) theory and principles of operations
- 8+ years of related applications engineering experience
About Photon Dynamics:
We are the leading provider of yield management solutions to the flat panel display, or FPD, industry. We also offer yield management solutions to the printed circuit board, or PCB, assembly and advanced semiconductor packaging industries. Our test, repair and inspection systems are used by manufacturers to collect data, analyze product quality and identify and repair product defects at critical steps in the manufacturing process.
Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using Orbotech systems.
For over 30 years, Orbotech has been a market leader in developing cutting edge inspection, test, repair and production solutions for the manufacture of the world?s most sophisticated consumer and industrial electronics.
Orbotech has over 2,500 employees in 50 offices around the globe: North America, Europe, Japan, and Asia Pacific. The company?s headquarters are located in Israel as well as R&D and production of many of its product lines.
Notice to Employment Agencies and Professional Recruiters:
ORBOTECH will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any employment agency or professional recruiter (?Agency?) that submits an unsolicited resume to ORBOTECH?s career site or directly to any employee, does so with the understanding that the resume will become the property of ORBOTECH. ORBOTECH will have the right to hire that candidate at its discretion without any fee owed to the Agency.
Agencies that have fee agreements with ORBOTECH and have been engaged on a specific search shall follow the submission process outlined by the ORBOTECH recruiter with whom they are partnering with on the search.
All inquiries by Agencies to become a provider of recruiting services must be directed to and approved by ORBOTECH?s Head of Talent Acquisition.