Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated.
We also know that it’s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement.
Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Maxim is seeking a Senior Applications Engineer to support assigned IC products through the full product life-cycle in the Timing and Data communications market. The successful candidate will support five primary job functions: in-depth customer support, technical authoring, evaluation kit development, system-level demonstrators/reference design development, and product line training.
You will get a chance to work on the development and validation of a broad variety of products and get first-handexperience on theengineering behind these devices. Ourportfolio covers theIndustrial and communications market over a broad set of product areas -RF, Cable access and Data converters, Timing and Interface.
Applications support would encompass products like block-levelRF components such as amplifiers, mixers, VCO/PLLs, high speedRF data converters, ISM and small cell Transceivers, Interface components such as RS232/485/multiprotocol, Timing products such as Serial/parallel Real time clocks as well as LEDdrivers etc.
The candidate will mentor and train junior engineers and grow into leading a team.Minimum Requirements:
- MSEE +6-8 years of relevant work experience
- Strong academic and technical background in applications engineering spanning the Timing and Data communications product portfolio
- Experience with hardware/printed circuit board design, familiarity with design techniques using controlled impedances and signal integrity
- Strong debug skills, ability to work with lab equipment to exercise features of the ICs, run performance analysis and assist customers with specific implementation questions.
- Proficiency in programming skills developing GUI software on C# or other platforms
- Proficiency in Developing drivers and application programming for standards like USB, UART, SPI, I2C and similar protocol experience would be a plus
- Experience in building Reference System/ EvKit development cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Methodical approach to debugging electronics systems
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines both independently and with a cross-functional team
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.