Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 161 days ago
Position Purpose: Front end of a focused team which supports our growing sales and design efforts to develop custom cooling packages. This position requires an independent thinker with strong time management skills and excellent communication skills.
1. Using knowledge of heat transfer, fluid flow and the performance of heat exchangers, design custom cooling packages and solutions that meet customer needs and specifications.
2. Evaluate heat exchanger (radiator, oil cooler and charge-air-cooler) performance with respect to heat transfer and fluid flow and find cooling systems solutions for our OE customers. Onsite customer technical sales support and on-site cooling test support.
3. Generate cost estimates, quotations and perform the necessary follow up activities to facilitate the award of new business.
4. Assist with training less experienced Application Engineering personnel.
5. Assist in managing and leading the team of Applications Engineers in all API locations.
6. Additional responsibilities
a. Support and manage post award activities to ensure products meet the customer??s functional requirements.
b. Participate in Engineering and New Product Initiative activities.
2. Business acumen
3. Calm under pressure
5. Driven for results
6. Problem resolution
7. Internal consulting skills
10. Process improvement
11. Technical and mechanical engineering skills
Education and Experience:
1. BS in Mechanical Engineering with 7-10 years of Application or related experience in the
field of Thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Heat transfer, Diesel Engines is required
2. Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Office software.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
4. Experience with Design and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis methods
5. Understanding of basic manufacturing processes
6. Sales experience preferred.
Job Success Factors
1. Proposals are submited in a timely and professional manner
2. Bookings and GM attainment.
3. Close rate.
4. Ability to interact well with customers, both internal and external
5. Technically sound decisions.
1. Evaluate and prioritize urgency of jobs.
2. Follow up activities to facilitate the award of new and extended business.
1. Must be able to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of
time and for the majority of required tasks.
2. Must be able to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, e-mail, fax
machine, printer, copier).
1. Up to 10% travel to customer sites required.