Acts independently under general direction. Competent to work on one or more highly specialized areas of applications systems analysis and programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs or modifies sophisticated application software programs such as third-party application packages, custom developed applications and graphical user interfaces.
- Designs, develops and tests complex application software, and modifies and maintains existing applications based on standards and procedures as well as utilities from software manufacturers.
- Analyzes business application requirements and develops specifications for databaseconstruction, data modeling, and normalization.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested programs or program changes are possible within the existing system. Evaluates effectiveness and develop new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Develops real-time applications for use in multi-platform environment. May develop applications using web technologies.
- Maintains and documents interface systems and resolves database performance problems as required. Develops appropriate program and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
- Provides reports on project development status to management on a regular and timely basis.
- Provides technical direction and training to lower level Application Developers.
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development and enhancement of existing systems and participates in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Advanced knowledge of data extraction and translation tools (Power Center / Informatica), structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Strong technical knowledge of computing architectures and environments (e.g., client/server, web, ESB)
- Strong knowledge of relevant technology, tools, and middleware, including development technologies such as: Pro*C / C++, Oracle SQL and Forms / Reports, Unix / Linux Shell Scripts, JDE PeopleSoft / DSI Tran Collector, Autosys Scheduling Tool, Loftware, Java EE
- Experience with warehouse management systems is a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or equivalent with 5 years programming and software systems experience.