Senior Applications Developer ( Information Technology )
Senior Applications Developer (Information Technology) – July 31, 2017 JOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Applications Developer, under the direction of the Sr. Applications Development Manager, is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and support of the Firm’s technology systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for providing application design, implementation, and support services for firm systems.
- Takes the lead in systems integration and solution development from project inception to close.
- Partners with systems engineers and database administrators to identify and resolve system and performance related issues for supported projects and platforms.
- Partners with users to gather business requirements, perform data analysis, codes and tests middleware routines to ensure successful and seamless communication.
- Assists in management of centralized data repository and its replication with remote systems.
- Utilizes WindowsSharePoint Services and other tools to automate business operations and improve work production, collaboration, and system efficiencies.
- Develops operational procedures and documentation for firm systems.
- Provides second level technical support for firm systems, including server support for MSSQL Server, SharePoint, IIS, SQL Reporting Services, and Component Services.
- Share knowledge within the department and across the firm.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years’ related development experience; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing development projects from inception to closeout.
- Strong knowledge of integrated systems and distributed computing environments.
- Solid understanding of software architecture principles.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire to work in a team-oriented environment; leading team of developers and DBAs through execution of a project.
- Must meet annual securityeducation training and awareness (SETA) requirements.
- Must ensure that information created, acquired or maintained in performance of job duties is used in accordance with its intended purpose – to protect Troutman Sanders information and its infrastructure from external or internal threats.
- Staying updated on trends and developments in the industry and in legal practice.