The Sr. Application Analyst performs expert level application development, support and configuration of assigned applications, including the design and architecting of software solutions.
The Sr. Application Analyst trains and mentors junior colleagues. The Sr. Application Analyst works with customers at all levels in the organization to create and maintain applications that enhance operational efficiencies. The Sr. Application Analyst takes the lead role to troubleshoot issues and problems within related IT teams and manage change. The Sr. Application Analyst is tasked with high level administration of applications and ensures quality delivery of application availability.
The Sr. Application Analyst is charged with ensuring the services provided contribute to the successful accomplishment of the mission of the department. The Sr. Application Analyst assists with budgeting and project management. The Sr. Application Analyst applies skills in line with TMHS values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality IT services.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as liaison between work teams and departments.
- Initiates and maintains positive relationships with key customers and co-workers.
- Facilitates team and client meetings and delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles and facilitate IT and Business initiatives across departments.
- Trains and mentors other team members through both formal and informal methods.
- Creates, develops and enhances web enabled applications in the Institute for Academic Medicine.
- Utilizes Project Management Methodology as defined by the Houston Methodist IT PMO and applies them consistently
- Facilitate working group sessions with Research Institute Departments to identify and drive requirements to improve Business Processes.
- Sets customer expectations, prioritizes tasks, and delivers solutions on time.
- Assists with managing customer expectations and deliverables.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships and effectively manages client expectations effectively.
- Leads and monitors multiple large scale projects within multiple functional departments.
- Communicates project progress, results and recommendations through meetings, phone calls, presentations and written reports.
- Proactively communicates potential project and implementaton issues , plans for resolution, and produces status updates to all stakeholders including , departments to customers and Management.
- Creates custom solutions or advanced configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues
- Establishes project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters.
- Coordinates and provides problem resolution, technical analyses, costs and resource estimates, work plans, workflow documentation, and progress reports on assigned projects.
- Applies project management methodology standards to communicate and successfully accomplish assigned projects within budget guidelines.
- Assists in budgetary planning
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Ensures the creation and completion of project deadlines and schedules
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming, Business Administration, or an equivalent field or formal education in related field with professional certifications.
7+ years of experience in Healthcare with IT Experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
None, if have a Bachelor’s degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Expert ability and skill to troubleshoot system problems and to engineer expert solutions with IT customers and vendors.
- Expert technical skills to support multiple healthcare applications or clinical workflow
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management Methodologies and ability to apply them to large scale system implementation
- Ability to lead, manage and monitor multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of multidisciplinary clinical and business information systems.
Activity Checklist attached (see below)