This is a high-level position responsible for supporting and enhancing Ecova’s business application systems. The individual will be the technical lead for a team of support engineers and business partners to resolve incidents, fulfill service requests, mitigate performance issues. Through personal drive, individual will master Ecova application operations and architecture.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as the Technical Lead for IT Applications Support to business partners by responding to Incidents/Requests.
• Drive for root causes to major incidents and recurring application support concerns.
• Ensure business applications are operating appropriately by responding to, directing team, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving issues.
• Provide 1st tier application support to business partners and escalate issues as appropriate.
• Recommend and make improvements to procedures, processes, and tools used to complete service requests and resolve issues.
• Provide superior customer service to business partners by working collaboratively with other members of IT.
• Develop and test applications in VB6, C#, and 3rd party systems.
• Deploy working software to test and production environments.
• Perform peer-reviews and quality assurance tests as needed.
• Provide on-call support for applications on a rotation and as an ongoing escalation point.
• Perform other work related duties as assigned.
• BA/BS in Computers Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 6 years performing Operations/Application support and development within an IT department or business unit setting.
• Strong Leadership/directive skills
• A strong customer focus.
• A desire to help people accomplish their tasks.
• A consistent enthusiasm and positive attitude at work.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
• Ability to consistently put team goals above individual goals.
• Ability to communicate effectively over variety of mediums including face-to-face, phone, and e-mail.
• Ability to develop applications in VB6 is strongly preferred.
• Ability to develop applications in C# is strongly preferred.
• Experience with SQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience with XML, XSLT, and XPath is preferred.
• Experience with EDI formats such as 810 and 811 is preferred.
• Experience with Seeburger Business Integration Suite is preferred.
• Experience with source control systems. Previous experience with SVN and TFS is preferred.