Market Force Information helps multi-location brands protect their brand's reputation, delight customers, and grow their revenues. We look for talented, collaborative, and creative team members who are passionately committed to helping our clients reach their goals.
We value and encourage a collaborative work environment full of energy and ideas. We're all about improving our clients' ability to better manage their own businesses and create better experiences for their customers. And with offices across North America and Europe, you'll have plenty of opportunities to do just that. When you join us, you'll tackle interesting problems to transform the way people and businesses interact locally, nationally, and internationally.
Market Force has three offices in North America and one office in the U.K. We currently employ over 500 people. We are seeking a Senior Application Support Developer to join our team, working out of the Winnipeg office. The Senior Application Support Developer will be responsible for the maintenance, configuration of all applications and websites within the Market Force organization.
The Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Research problem tickets to resolve data, setup, and code issues to provide responsive correction of issues.
- Assist in prioritization of enhancement and defect resolution.
- Monitor automated system alerts, log files, and other monitoring tool output.
- Design and develop emergency patches to address critical production issues.
- Manage third party components used in the different MFI Applications.
- Perform application and website installations on new servers.
- Assist in providing support by participating in weekly on-call rotation.
- Interact with internal business customers, operation personnel, and development groups in troubleshooting and correction of issues.
- Manage development, quality assurance and production application environments, working closely with operations personnel, to honor application Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Perform root cause analysis on issues that lead to implementation of processes to prevent repetitive issues.
- Conduct analysis on issues that lead to implementation of processes to prevent repetitive issues.
- Maintain knowledge base documentation.
- Work on projects to better improve Production Support model and processes.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or other related engineering field.
- Five or more years' experience in an Application Support, Production Support or Tier II Software Support role ideal.
- At least two or more years of SQL experience.
- Excellent diagnostic, debugging, and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of networks, security, client/server model in a Windows Server environment. Knowledge of a Linux environment a plus.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of technical experience (developers/ operations/ end users/ support staff).
- Understanding of traditional software development life cycle and problem tracking systems.
- Ability to work in team environment, while being self-directed, proactive and action oriented.
- Familiarity with Relational Database tools.
- Proficient in the use and application of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of IIS 7 configuration, Mercurial or other source control application, and Microsoft .NET (C#, VB). Familiarity with legacy languages such VB 6 and classic asp a plus.
- Understanding of MS SQL Server or other relational databases including stored procedure development.