This client is a tech driven healthcare startup that has brought together leaders from some of the top technology and healthcare companies, creating an extremely talented team of engineers, designers, and healthcare experts. The company was only launched a few years ago and is on pace to generate over 1 billion in premium revenue for 2019.
The position itself is for an Application Security Engineer to come in and play a critical role in setting the course for application security initiatives, making strategic decisions, and building security into their systems and processes. You will be partnering with different teams, such as the core infrastructure team and engineering team, to enhance the system using security best-practices.
- 4+ years of work experience in application security
- Strong understanding of secure SDLC practices and the ability to implement them
- Expert knowledge of common web and mobile application security vulnerabilities
- Mastery of appsec-related concepts, such as authentication, data integrity, session management, access controls, and input/output handling
- 2+ years experience using a scripting and/or programming language (e.g. Python, Go, bash) and the ability to learn new languages
- Ability to recommend and implement best-in-class commercial and open source application security tools
- Ability to participate in design reviews and conduct code reviews with an eye for security vulnerabilities
- Ability to create strategic roadmaps for application security and deliver on key results