As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients' best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology
teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Essentially, Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services.
Trust is part of our DNA at Citi. As such, we take safeguarding our customer data very seriously. The Chief Information Security Office (CISO) is made up of deeply dedicated and talented colleagues who work together to ensure the safety of Citi's and our clients' assets and information. We manage information security as an end-to-end program - one with a clear mandate and accountability. Our mission is to continually execute and enhance a global security program that is fully anchored to modern control and security frameworks, fully aligned with the technology of the firm, threat-focused and data-driven, and deeply integrated across all Citi businesses globally.
Being talent-driven, we are focused on attracting, developing, and retaining diverse and inclusive talent with a high technical skill level. As a member of our team we will provide you with career development opportunities at all stages of your career. Our employees model a passion for protecting Citi and our clients and believe in treating others with dignity and respect.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We'll enable growth and progress together.
The Senior Application Security Architect (VP) is a senior level professional position responsible for driving efforts to prevent, monitor and respond to information/data breaches and cyber-attacks. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the execution of Information Security directives and activities in alignment with Citi's data security policy. Responsibilities:
- Perform threat modeling for financial products that handle billions of dollars on a daily basis
- Assess and communicate risks to stakeholders from multiple disciplines - including but not limited to cybersecurity, solution architecture, development and business
- Assess product security architecture and overall cybersecurity posture for vendor products - primarily growth stage companies (Series A or later stage start ups)
- Identify pragmatic solutions to mitigate or reduce residual risks
- Participate and represent Consumer Sector in various enterprise wide working groups & delegated action groups to influence cybersecurity decisions
- Provide thought leadership in emerging and core InfoSec topics
- Identify opportunities to automate and standardize information security controls and for the supported groups
- Atleast 3 years of experience on public cloud platforms - AWS/Azure/Google
- Atleast 5 years of experience in Information Security vertical
- Previous experience as a software developer would be beneficial
- Deep understanding of DevOps and DevSecOps approach to security
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Self-motivation, positive outlook and growth mindset are a must
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Information Security Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting